LP2475w for $386.99

silentwolf

n00b
http://www.onsale.com/ttsvr/p/50233...RAB&srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=23-46615237-2

Found this deal while browsing the web today, it seems to be a really awesome price, but I cant find anywhere on the site if this is a new monitor, old stock, or a refurb. And on top of that, iv never heard of "onsale.com" before.

I am tempted to pounce and grab 2 of these at that price, but I'm getting that buyer beware feeling. Anyone have any thoughts?

I called and the rep said they are new but I think he told me they had a 1 year warranty. They should have a 3 year warranty though if they are new and that's what it says on the tech specs on the onsale page. He also said right before I hung up that they only had 1 left in stock. I called back a few minutes later and spoke to another rep and I asked specifically how many they had in stock in case I wanted to order 2 or 3 and he said they had enough to cover that. So honestly I don't know how many they have in stock or if these are refurbs or new lol.

The sites are a bit too sketchy for me. This monitor has had a lot of posts regarding it's quality, and I don't want to have to deal with a crap reseller. Too bad Amazon doesn't sell them direct anymore.

I did actually just call HP direct, and I got the monitor for the regular price ($569) with free 2-day shipping. That includes the 3-year on-site service. I know it's not the best deal, but that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach is nice to have.

The sites are a bit too sketchy for me. This monitor has had a lot of posts regarding it's quality, and I don't want to have to deal with a crap reseller. Too bad Amazon doesn't sell them direct anymore.

I did actually just call HP direct, and I got the monitor for the regular price ($569) with free 2-day shipping. That includes the 3-year on-site service. I know it's not the best deal, but that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach is nice to have.

If I was looking to buy one from an authorized reseller I would probably get it off eBay from a seller like Buy.com with Bing Cashback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HP-LP2475w-...tors?hash=item5186c84535&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When I saw that price for the HP at OnLine/MacMall $368., I sent them an email asking if it was a refurb...here is her email back to me:

"Hi Brian, this Monitor is a new one. Hp has what they call Smart Buys where they make the item more affordable for the customer.
Please give me a call so that I can help you out with your order.
Thanks
Carrie Waller | Sr. Account Executive

MacMall Business Solutions
[email protected]
Tel: 888-863-3282 Ext 5013
310-225-5013 Direct
Fax: 310-630-3212
Mon-Fri 7:00am - 4:00pm Pacific Time"

I don't know what panel type it is, or if maybe they are the troubled versions... I don't know...

Consider these facts for the LP2475w:

- HP MSRP REMAINS AT $ 599.00 USD
- NO ELSE IS CLOSE TO OFFERING AT SAME PRICE
- AVERAGE US STREET PRICE WAS $ 510.00 LAST WEEK

Tim

When I saw that price for the HP at OnLine/MacMall $368., I sent them an email asking if it was a refurb...here is her email back to me:

"Hi Brian, this Monitor is a new one. Hp has what they call Smart Buys where they make the item more affordable for the customer.
Please give me a call so that I can help you out with your order.
Thanks
Carrie Waller | Sr. Account Executive

MacMall Business Solutions
[email protected]
Tel: 888-863-3282 Ext 5013
310-225-5013 Direct
Fax: 310-630-3212
Mon-Fri 7:00am - 4:00pm Pacific Time"

I don't know what panel type it is, or if maybe they are the troubled versions... I don't know...

Something smells...
381_lots_of_fish.jpg

...anyone want to inquire if those are IPS panels?

If it's too good to be true...it probably is.

Though I'd love to get one at this price, the risks outweigh the potential benefits. Not to mention the almost zero information we have on the condition of the monitors they are selling.

Reseller Ratings link.

6.88 - I suppose I've seen worse ratings - from the big companies like Dell or HP who give no credence to customer satisfaction, nor is it possible to please everyone. For a small business online store, I would probably give the place a good look before committing.

EDIT: then again, the streak of 1/5 ratings in quick succession with one another definitely is not a good thing. :eek:

I got this at onsale.com for $399, thinking that it wouldn't go back down again. A couple of days later, it's back down to $373. I called onsale, and they refunded the difference. I thought about canceling and re-ordering at the lower price, but I figured it would just be easier to ask for the price adjustment --And they gave it to me without a hassle.

Anyway, I've had this monitor for the past few days, and zomg! I have found digital nirvana for <$400. Those TN folks don't know what they're missing. Well, I'm sure you guys know all about this panel, so I'll just tell you what you really want to know:

First, It IS brand new! All packaging looked new, the tape was untampered with, and the box flaps were nice and stiff. Inside, everything was factory sealed, and the screen had the quick-setup poster taped to the bezel. Turning it on, there were 0 backlight hours listed in the OSD (again signifying that it is brand new), and I used a pixel checker to confirm that every sub-pixel of every pixel is perfectly alive and well!

Secondly, according to the bit-tech review, panels made March 2009, or later, were measured to have lower input lag than previous panels. The author (probably mistakenly) attributes the difference to panel type (H-IPS vs S-SIPS) while others seem to think that they are all H-IPS, and that the lower input lag is due to newer firmware. Either way, this panel meets the criteria of the "better" panel: According to the sticker on the back of the display, the manufacture date is March 2009 and the revision is GIG 143. The firmware version (not mentioned in the bit-tech review) is GIG 068.

EDIT: The reason this is cheap is because of HP's Smart Buy program. Looking at HP's site, it seems like they periodically suspend volume requirements on bulk pricing for business customers. I don't know how MacMall/Onsale gets away with selling these units to the general population, but I'm not complaining!

Last edited:
Waldo you're awesome for biting, I should have bought it too. You're making me regret it so much right now for turning this deal down.

The new 24" Dell is out...think it's about @ $100. more than the HP...

Waldo you're awesome for biting, I should have bought it too. You're making me regret it so much right now for turning this deal down.

I feel your pain man. I've been eyeing this monitor for quite a while and I wish I had jumped on the deal. Hopefully another deal like this happens

Nice buy. Nice deal. Glad you got a good monitor without any dead pixels.
Can you measure the input lag on this new revision with some photos?

In Japan the Dell U2410 goes for 72000 yen, or around $750.

Maybe will be lower here to fight the HP 2475w??

Back