Low power state, not working in Vista

oboyco

Gawd
When I click the "sleep" mode from the start menu, my box powers down fine. However when I power back up all I get is my wallpaper in a lower resolution with no desktop icons, or start menu.

Could this be a video driver problem? I am running ATI 690 onboard video.

My monitor doesn't wake from sleep at all. The computer responds, but my Dell 2007FPW never comes back to life. Everything I have read points to video card drivers. I'm running Vista Premium 64, Nvidia 169.04 drivers.

In Vista both hibernation and sleep have issues. Try updating your BIOS if it is out of date and updating drivers.

My monitor doesn't wake from sleep at all. The computer responds, but my Dell 2007FPW never comes back to life. Everything I have read points to video card drivers. I'm running Vista Premium 64, Nvidia 169.04 drivers.

I have that monitor, and sleep works fine for me (now). So make sure you have the driver for the monitor installed, and what fixed that problem for me personally, was the "USB rollup fix". Something along those lines. It should be included in SP1 if nothing else.

Back