looooow temps on 2600k

Gabriel5

n00b
I'm concerned that there is something wrong with my processor.
I expected lower temps than my 930, but 8 C?

My cooling setup is the one in my sig: 480mm of RX radiator.
Ambient temp is about 70 F.

My core temps looks like: 20,8,23,25 C
I've noticed that others have a similar problem, with one core being lower than the others, but this seems extreme. 8 C is lower than room temperature. I can't help but wonder if there was something wrong with the manufacture of my processor such that too many transistors in that core are stuck with their gate closed or something.
Should I see reduced performance from that core?
Do Xeon or SB-E processors show uneven thermals like this?

I would guess it is just a faulty sensor on that core. You could try running superpi, or other such program with the affinity set to each core. Would tell you quickly f there are problems with that core.

Even if there were severe performance problems, it wouldn't be able to be under room temperature with that cooling setup.

What does it show under load? The temp sensors are notoriously unreliable at idle.

Anybody who builds a watercooling system with half a brain--which it seems you have--knows that it's impossible for the water exchanging heat with ambient air to be at sub-ambient temperature. If that were the case, your radiator would be acting like a heater for your water, and you know it.

All of which leads me to believe this is some kind of bizarre show-off thread.

I'm guessing it is a misread on the sensors by whatever program he is using.

Anybody who builds a watercooling system with half a brain--which it seems you have--knows that it's impossible for the water exchanging heat with ambient air to be at sub-ambient temperature. If that were the case, your radiator would be acting like a heater for your water, and you know it.

All of which leads me to believe this is some kind of bizarre show-off thread.
seems like a perfectly fine question to me.

There's most likely nothing wrong with your cpu. You can run a couple of common benchmarks and compare with others just to make sure. Maybe run a stress test too (like prime95, occt, intelBurn) Like others have said, probably bad temp sensor on that core, i dont think it's anything to worry about.

Back