Looking for solid help on OC'ing a 2600k + 6970

anarchyx

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2011
Messages
203
Hello all,

I am getting my new B3 revision MSI board in a week finally. Going to put everything back together and finally start to overclock my system.

Here are my specs:

2600k
MSI-P67A-GD65
2x4gb GSkill Cas 7 7-8-7-24
256gb SSD (Kingston HyperX w/ TRIM)
ATI 6970 card w/ full waterblock

My cooling is a full water cooling setup. I just wasnt able to get past 4.4ghz stable with my previous B2 Board. Its also been months since I have tried overclocking so I am sure bios updates have increased stability. I just lost the will to OC due to the sata issues with the B2 Board.

Im looking basically for a stable overclock for gaming/regular use, nothing super extreme -- I sort of stopped doing the whole benchmark wars way back with my voodoo5.

So I am looking for existing MSI owners with experience on stability. I am trying to find out what voltages to modify to achieve a solid overclock for everyday use. Cooling isnt an issue.

Thanks for your input in advance. I have searched but I have yet to find a stable setup that is good for everday use.
 
just play with the cpu voltage and cpu multiplier.. the last system i built i think i hit 4.8Ghz @ 1.425v with a gigabyte board but it shouldn't be much different from the msi boards. though the easiest way to save time is look for reviews on your board and look at the overclocks in the review and that should give you an idea of where to start at since most review overclocks are pretty conservative.
 
You should be able to get something around 4.5 out of it just by leaving everything to Auto and changing the turbo multipliers to 45. It'll probably provide more voltage than needed, but it'll give you a good starting point, if nothing else.
 
Back
Top