Looking for new PSU upgrade

sco0oby

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
223
Hey, I'm currently looking to upgrade my PSU to something alittle bigger. However, I also play to purchase a SoundBlaster X-fi in April for $113. I wanted to know if anyone can help me choose a power supply under 80 that will last me a long time, so that around 3 years I can upgrade to the newest video card at that time. Thanks in advance.
 
You can find all of these for under $80.

Enermax 535W SLI Certified

Antec SmartPower II 500W

Enermax 485W

Fortron Blue Storm 500W

Good Luck,
Dave
 
Would you recommend that I buy the PSU at the same time as the sound card? Or when I buy my video card in a few years?
 
Lol. I just noticed that after I posted it. Didn't mean to include the word "also". But would you recommend that I buy it later with my video card, or buy it April with my sound card?
 
People say that alot about generic or low-named brand psus. Would it really destroy my system in a matter of time?
 
i'd listen to the man. it may not be soon but it is certainly a opossibility. because of his advice, i'm switching from my aspire 420w (came with x-qpack) to an enermax whisper II 465w that I purchased yesterday.
 
Well then, I'll see if I can purchase the Antec 500w Smartpower with my soundcard. But on other note, should I upgrade anything else in my computer (not video card or processor)? Thanks for the PSU advice.
 
Back
Top