I frequently need to convert wav to mp3, or mp3 to wav for various reasons, and most of the time when I need to convert a whole bunch of mp3's to wav, I will just do it in winamp.
I don't think winamp will convert wav to mp3, which is surprising because obviously you can rip mp3's with it, might just be limited to off cd's or something.....
Anyways, a common utility called audacity fits the bill just fine for editting sound files, or for converting small numbers of them, but if you have 100 sound files to convert, it can get a little.....tedious.
Can someone give me a recommendation of a utility to do it? I don't need anything overlly fancy, just something that can convert an unlimited number of wav files to mp3, and preferablly one where you can select the bit rates.
The chances are good that it might be in an application I already have installed, but I'm just not aware of it.
I don't think winamp will convert wav to mp3, which is surprising because obviously you can rip mp3's with it, might just be limited to off cd's or something.....
Anyways, a common utility called audacity fits the bill just fine for editting sound files, or for converting small numbers of them, but if you have 100 sound files to convert, it can get a little.....tedious.
Can someone give me a recommendation of a utility to do it? I don't need anything overlly fancy, just something that can convert an unlimited number of wav files to mp3, and preferablly one where you can select the bit rates.
The chances are good that it might be in an application I already have installed, but I'm just not aware of it.