I had some fun times with my computer yesterday after getting my OC problem sorted (read here). For one thing, I was re-trying my original DRAM (OCZ 8 GB) for reasons most of which I won't get into. However,I was able to get the DRAM to run 1333 without using the max recommended DRAM voltage increase for the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe board. I used 1.6325.
Anyway, I shut the machine down last night with the intention of putting my new DRAM back in this morning--which I did. I didn't bother to change the DRAM voltage back to 1.5--which is correct at least for 2 sticks of the new ram (8 GB--Corsair Vengeance).
From this point, I haven't been able to restart my machine---no matter which DRAM I use, how many sticks I use, and which slots I use. In fact, my new problem does't appear to be related to DRAM, but I though I should give the DRAM facts anyway since I did engage in a DRAM change immediately prior to the start of my new problem.
The new problem appears to be with my 2600k. The processor red LED lights up almost immediately when starting up and stays that way. Also, the Q device (I forget exactly what it is called) provides no indication of moving through the boot process. And, perhaps this process might not even start if the processor can't get off the ground floor.
I have done almost everything imaginable to me--checking connections, making sure there are no case infringements, etc., etc. For one thing, I am wondering if the BIOS could somehow be fouled. If so, then I could reset it by removing the CMOS battery and leaving it out for awhile.
Does anyone have an idea what the likely problem/solution is given my actions described above? Could the processor have fried itself when I shut down last night? Should I reset my BIOS by removing the CMOS battery? Should I order a new processor?
Unless someone has a better idea I will try reseting my BIOS using the CMOS battery procedure today even though I'll lose some OC work, and I'll have to set my RAID 0 up again and Acronis my drive back again.
Thanks for any help you can give. I though my significant problems had ended for awhile yesterday.
And, I should add that I tried using the memory button many times even thought the problem seems to be processor related.
Best to all,
Z
Anyway, I shut the machine down last night with the intention of putting my new DRAM back in this morning--which I did. I didn't bother to change the DRAM voltage back to 1.5--which is correct at least for 2 sticks of the new ram (8 GB--Corsair Vengeance).
From this point, I haven't been able to restart my machine---no matter which DRAM I use, how many sticks I use, and which slots I use. In fact, my new problem does't appear to be related to DRAM, but I though I should give the DRAM facts anyway since I did engage in a DRAM change immediately prior to the start of my new problem.
The new problem appears to be with my 2600k. The processor red LED lights up almost immediately when starting up and stays that way. Also, the Q device (I forget exactly what it is called) provides no indication of moving through the boot process. And, perhaps this process might not even start if the processor can't get off the ground floor.
I have done almost everything imaginable to me--checking connections, making sure there are no case infringements, etc., etc. For one thing, I am wondering if the BIOS could somehow be fouled. If so, then I could reset it by removing the CMOS battery and leaving it out for awhile.
Does anyone have an idea what the likely problem/solution is given my actions described above? Could the processor have fried itself when I shut down last night? Should I reset my BIOS by removing the CMOS battery? Should I order a new processor?
Unless someone has a better idea I will try reseting my BIOS using the CMOS battery procedure today even though I'll lose some OC work, and I'll have to set my RAID 0 up again and Acronis my drive back again.
Thanks for any help you can give. I though my significant problems had ended for awhile yesterday.
And, I should add that I tried using the memory button many times even thought the problem seems to be processor related.
Best to all,
Z