Looking for decent, cheap racing wheel

Rae III

n00b
I bought the Codemaster's racing pack awhile back when it was on sale on Steam and since I've really enjoyed racing. I have an old Logitech racing wheel, but unfortunately they don't make 64 bit drivers, so I'm in the market for a new wheel. Anyone know of any good wheels for sub-$150 that include pedals and possibly force feedback?

Get an XBox 360 controller instead. Even though it isn't a driving wheel, most arcadish driving games (particularly Codemaster games) have that controller particularly in mind, and it's really good for this.

I heard that the actual 360 steering wheel is awesome on the pc. You can find them on Clist cheap usually

I know my Driving Force Pro used to work perfectly with XP, Vista x64, and Windows 7 x64. I would offer to sell it to you but I am giving it to my nephew. Definitely better than the 360 wheel, stay away from that unless you get it for like $30, as you should be able to get a Logitech Driving Force Pro for around $60 shipped or so.

Don't listen to evilsofa, a wheel works great in all the games that you just picked up. I used the Driving Force Pro to play through both Dirt and Grid. The pedals sucked though, but I swapped them out for the new ones that came out with the Driving Force GT and that problem was solved. Keep that in the back of your mind if you get a used Driving Force Pro, as the pedals will go out over time.

They are *exactly* the same as the pedals that come with the Driving Force GT, which is sold at Best Buy and other major retailers with great return policies. Not literally exact, as the internals have been improved to avoid future malfunctions, but the connection and looks are an exact match.

Get an XBox 360 controller instead. Even though it isn't a driving wheel, most arcadish driving games (particularly Codemaster games) have that controller particularly in mind, and it's really good for this.

most codemaster games come preloaded with logitech g25/other presets and drive wonderfully with wheels. Especially DiRT2 and GRiD

I have the Logitech Formula Force which was a £40ish, it's a force feedback wheel with 2 pedals, I think it was well worth the price. Quite possibly discontined, there's plenty of Logitech wheels to chose from though, I'd go with one that has force feedback as they work great in games like Dirt, having the wheel loose on graval and then tighten up as you drive onto tarmac (asphalt) is really cool.

My momo force was good to me -- two pedals, force feedback, paddle shifters and sequential shifter. Cheap and cheerful, worked very well with all my driving games.

My momo force was good to me -- two pedals, force feedback, paddle shifters and sequential shifter. Cheap and cheerful, worked very well with all my driving games.

Yeah, I was going to recommend the MoMo (or however it is capitalized), works well with all those games and the price was reasonable. For a casual player I'd think it is a better deal than spending for the G25 or other higher-end wheels.

Logitech Driving Force GT works with PC , PS3..
Selling at B&H for $109.
You just missed the cheapest with rebate (expired in June) at TigerDirect with Bing:
$119.99 - $30 - $14.40 Bing + Free Shipping = $75.59.

Back