looking for cheap, but effective WC

UnfaTeFuL

Limp Gawd
Any suggestions on a good cheap WC system. I know custom built is always the best, but I want to get a good kit under 100 bucks.

I've looked those in pricewatch.com Are they any good?

The thing with pricewatch, is you never really know 100% what you're buying. It could be used, it could be 3rd party, who knows? It's kind of like a fun guessing game.

I've read the FAQ about WC. But I don't think I'm good enough to make my own WC. The problem that worries me is leaking water over my CPU and parts.

I think a kit might be better for easy installation, or am i wrong?

It all depends, leaks occur at connection points, and they occur in both systems. It all has to do with taking care when putting it together. But don't stress too much, it is actually a fairly easy task. The only part of it I even care about any more is getting a good connection between the water block and the cpu. If you have installed a cpu heatsink before you should be fine. If not just take care when installing it. As for the water, I would suggest putting the system together outside the case and running it for a while. Look for leaks and areas that worry you. If that holds up, then simply insert the system into the case if you are still worried, run the system in place for a while. still not leaks then feel confident. If you have a leak while it is on the MB, then simply let it dry out. Water on a unpluged mb shouldn't do damage, at least if is is clean up immediately and left to let dry.

Grab a D-Tek HC with a shroud
DD TDX for your CPU
a swifty MCP-600 or a Danner#3 pump
some tubing, clamps and a res and you're good to go.:D
Don't buy a kit.

Back