Looking for a senior person around Raleigh, NC

NetJunkie

[H]F Junkie
Thought I'd ask here while I'm looking. We're looking for another me around Raleigh, NC. I'm a Sr. Solutions Architect for a relatively small (~25 employees) consulting company. We focus on virtualization, storage, and disaster recovery. We're also developing a very strong data center networking practice. Think Cisco 6500, Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000, etc as well as Cisco UCS blade systems. These all compliment our existing storage and virtualization practices. We're partners with EMC, VMware, and Cisco. While small we do a great deal of business with all three. We just won EMC's mid-market partner of the year. We won Cisco's rookie partner of the year.

Looking for someone with a Cisco CCDA and storage and/or VMware/virtualization experience. This is a pre-sales design/architect position which is why a CCDA-type person is preferred. CCNP is also nice. You must be comfortable talking to the technical staff at a customer as well as the CIO. You would be doing presentations for customers, user groups, and large events. I'd really like someone that I can put in front of 200 people at a VMware user group and be able to do a great presentation. You'd also be doing some implementations...these are usually "new technologies" that we are bringing in and you'd be figuring out how we deploy, document, position, and sell. For example, I'm doing our first Nexus 7K implementation right now. After that we'd be letting one of our engineers do it.

Again..senior spot. Make ya famous with everyone in the area. :)

gah, wish I was still in NC. Honestly, you're not going to find many people on these forums with N5/7k experience on these forums besides me or just2cool... Good luck with the search, hope the salary is what it should be :D

gah, wish I was still in NC. Honestly, you're not going to find many people on these forums with N5/7k experience on these forums besides me or just2cool... Good luck with the search, hope the salary is what it should be :D

Thy don't need Nexus experience, just Cisco design. They can learn Nexus. That was just an example of what they'd do. If someone is good we can talk relo. Pay is good else I wouldn't work here. :)

We're going to be doing a Nexus implementation next year. This sounds like a great opportunity to always setup the latest tech. If I was a bit more 'seasoned' I'd check that out. Good luck finding a candidate; hopefully it won't take long to find a good one.

Back