looking for a nice ticket system that is cheap or free and uses ajax

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
I am looking for a ticket system that ideally we can host ourselves on our own servers. The web interface for this ticket system needs to be ajax or some other kind of web 2.0 language to provide our technicians and users a kind of facebook feel. (Their words, not mine)

So I am looking for something that has a very friendly web interface that supports custom categories, custom queues, has pretty nice reporting features, integrates with active directory, and is CHEAP or free. We are a public educational institution so hopefully someone has a nice discount for our sector.

I like spiceworks's web interface but it just doesnt have the customization ability we need right now. The interface is nice, but the feature set of their helpdesk and very limited in my option.

I have used heat (hate it), and RT. Neither of which seem to be viable alternatives. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We have about 400 users with 15 technicians (most are just teachers at the sites who help with tickets, but they need to be considered techs so we can have them open and close tickets)

I think spiceworks is your best bet for the price point you're looking for.

Vision Helpdesk do not support AD integration as of yet. But Overall It has Ajax and friendly interface, also its the cheap web2.0 web based helpdesk software. Vision Helpdesk guys have 20% discount on their Owned Licenses.

We are planning to use Vision Helpdesk for its Multi-Domain Feature.

AD integration is essential. I guess until they can support LDAP/AD we will have to pass.

I just setup GPLI 2 weeks ago. Not sure if there is any ajax in it, but it runs great. Good looking front end, and is full of features such as document management and a faq section you can build up. Also ties into AD with LDAP which also works great.

Take a look at http://www.osticket.com/ . It is free and the forum is quite active. If you have php experience it might be worth taking a look into as it looks very easy to mod.

I'll second osticket, I use to love it until gpli and ocs inventory tied so well into each other. I have one stop to tell me alot of things about my network

AD integration is essential. I guess until they can support LDAP/AD we will have to pass.

We don't use AD but we had some other Invision Power Board Login Sharing with Vision Helpdesk and this guys did for us in 15 days since we purchased Owned License.

If you want you can try it :) Go for Owned Vision Helpdesk License and they will get your AD integration done in week or two that is on high priority basis. Its worth it.

I was poking around my glpi install and it appears to support some ajax stuff.

glpi-ajax.png

Back