• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Looking for a modest surge protector

rayz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
155
Looking for suggestions for a modest surge protector. Not sure what budget to post because I really don't know how much an effective, yet basic unit will cost. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
 
Thanks. That's a model that you would trust with say a $1500 pc?
 
Thanks. That's a model that you would trust with say a $1500 pc?

I'd trust APC with $15 million dollar servers. Though I'd actually recommend you invest in a good APC UPS, not just a surge protector. They also regulate the voltage and give you some time to save your work during a power outage.
 
I use an APC Line R 600 with 4 outlets which I use for the PC, 2 monitors and a printer.
Had it a good few years now and still going strong.

I don't know if it gives me extra protection or not, but it is nice to know it is there between the mains and the PSU.

About £30 when I bought it.
 
Back
Top