Looking for a 23" IPS

sbl03

n00b
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
2
Right now I've narrowed my choices down to the LG IPS231B-BN and the Dell U2312hm.

- The LG has 5ms response time vs Dell's 8ms
- The LG will cost me $190 vs $240 for Dell
- The LG has built in speakers (a nice perk, I suppose)
- The Dell is brighter at 300 cd/m2 vs 250
- Similar 3 year warranties from both
- Both lack HDMI

Given this information, why is the Dell still so popular even though it costs $50+ more? How much "better" is the Dell display?
 
the LG is actually very slow compared to most monitors. The ipsp/b use the same panel and the LG panels (ips235 and ips236v) are all known to be slow.

http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/lg-flatron-ips231p-p10763/test.html
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2011/review-lg-ips231p-part14.html#Responsiveness

go with the Dell it is a better all around display and they have better customer service. Get an hdmi-dvi adapter if you want to use consoles.
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2011/review-dell-u2312hm.html
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm
 
I would say NCX has a good point with some of the LG monitors being slow; however, I have 3 of the Lg IPS236v's and I could not recommend them more. They can be found for around $190 not to hard. As for them being slow, I would say compaired to a TN display there is a small difference, but nothing is major. I use three in eyefinity for bf3, Cs:s, and other games and never have a problem. Plus they can be upped to 75HZ very easy.
Edit:http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0360579
That is the monitor but if you wait a little it goes on sale all the time for 190
 
I read that the IPS235V is faster then the IPS236V. The IPS236V is also newer and the Dell U2312hm is e-IPS not S-IPS like the IPS235V and IPS236V.
 
Back
Top