Looking for 21.5" IPS screen.

nullstring

n00b
Joined
Oct 1, 2011
Messages
28
Does anyone have a 21.5" IPS monitor and could shed some light onto which one I should get? These are not nearly as popular as the 23" monitors and so finding information on them as proved a little difficult.
Dell U2211H
Dell U2212HM
LG IPS226V
HP ZR22w

I was originally going to get a U2211H, but I read a review that said they had an issue with backlight bleeding. This is something my current monitor has and was one of the reasons I am looking to upgrade.
Are there any others I should look at?

I am looking for a 21.5" LCD with 1080p resolution because I like the DPI of these models (as well as the price)


Has anyone gotten an U2212HM yet? Does this model still have the backlight issues?
 
Last edited:
I have a LG IPS226V and mine does have a bit of backlight bleeding. However compared to what other people on the forums had, I thought mine was allright so I didn't bother returning it (i.e. I don't want to risk getting one that is even worse).
It's pretty good overall, so if you can get one without problematic backlight bleeding, it is a steal (it's quite cheap).

The Dell U2211H is AFAIK very similar (it's a LG panel as well with very close specs), only difference being the backlight technology (edge LED vs CCFL).
 
Back
Top