Looking for 19/20" widescreen LCD

Smashed Ixnay

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
4,593
I'm looking for a 19" or 20" widescreen LCD. I only have a 6600gt and don't know anything about what would be best for my videocard. I want a good one, but don't want to spend $400+ for one. This is my videocard model and what it has:

Specifications Model
Brand AOpen
Model 90.05210.616
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
GPU Geforce 6600GT
PixelPipelines 8
Memory
Memory Size 128MB
Memory Interface 128-bit
Memory Type DDR
3D API
DirectX DirectX 9
OpenGL OpenGL 1.5
Interface
Interface AGP 4X/8X
Ports
D-SUB 1
DVI 1
TV-Out HDTV/S-Video Out
VIVO No
General
Tuner None
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2048x1536@85Hz
SLI Supported No
Cooler Heatsink and Fan
Operating Systems Supported Windows 2000/XP

Package Contents Manual
DVI to VGA adapter
HDTV Cable
Drivers CD


I hear something like DVI is the best? Is my videocard holding me back?

I wanted a Dell 2005FTW, but is it REALLY worth it?

I read something about the Viewsonic 1912wb and Acer 1916w? How do those compare?
 
No one can offer some help? I know there are threads, but I don't want to go and hijack theirs.
 
:) Get an acer al 2032wa. had a dell 2005 fpw. this kicks its ass!!!

Dvi gives a better picture. Pretty sure your graphics card should be able to handle widescreen gaming. You just need the latest drivers.
 
Back
Top