A question for those in the know:
With the cost of SATA drives being so cheap these days I'm backing all of my movies, DVDs, music, etc., onto a bunch of them (not in a RAID format, only single drives!)
Now if I were to remove them from my system, store them properly and all that happy crap and then say...2 years from now I want to hook them up to a DIFFERENT computer and get the files from there will that work?
Let's say the system will have the same OS as when files were created, the SATA drivers are loaded and seeing as the original drives with the information on them have already been formatted (NTFS), it should just be a matter of plug 'n play, right?
If not, how would someone go about this..... I have a big pile of 250G-320G drives that I would like to do this with if it will work...
With the cost of SATA drives being so cheap these days I'm backing all of my movies, DVDs, music, etc., onto a bunch of them (not in a RAID format, only single drives!)
Now if I were to remove them from my system, store them properly and all that happy crap and then say...2 years from now I want to hook them up to a DIFFERENT computer and get the files from there will that work?
Let's say the system will have the same OS as when files were created, the SATA drivers are loaded and seeing as the original drives with the information on them have already been formatted (NTFS), it should just be a matter of plug 'n play, right?
If not, how would someone go about this..... I have a big pile of 250G-320G drives that I would like to do this with if it will work...