lol display properties

KuJaX

[H]F Junkie
Hey guys,

Got a little problem on my hands. I am going back to dual monitors up at my house and lost the voodoo2 pci (boo hoo) that was used for my secondary monitor. So i ordered a geforce 4 mx440 PCI. As my AGP (and primary) I have a gainward geforce 3. I want to continue to use my gainward geforce 3 for gaming and that kind of stuff. Anywho, i noticed in display properties that under display it is showing that the Geforce4 mx440 is my "1" monitor and the geforce 3 is "2". (ya know, when ya push identify). So when i went into CS, all the colors were really wierd because i havent installed the correct drivers for the geforce 4.

So..... i have my geforce 3 (that is at the monitor to my left, with the start menu at and stuff) set as primary monitor, but is showing monitor 2 when i click identify. So i gotta get that back to monitor number 1.

Make any sense? If someone can help out, it would be greatly appreciated. ;)

In opengl mode in CS, everything looks fruity. Here is a pic of aim_map.

aim_map0002.jpg

I have found that in Direct 3d mode, it shows up normal, but i dont get constant 100fps like i do with opengl, and when there is a lot of action going on, i only get like 70fps. So i can't be having that.

This is another screenshot, in windows. It is showing my geforce 3 as number 2, not number 1.

displayproperties.jpg

and here is in windows, after i click the identify button, also showing that the geforce 4 is number 1 and clicked "extend my window on this monitor" or whatever. Sure enough, the monitor to my right that doesnt have the taskbar is showing number 1. That is why i think it is using the geforce4 (WHICH I DONT WANT) in Counter-Strike.

displaypropertiesdesktops.jpg

Any help please? :)

That CS screen looks like hacks to me! Anyways, there should be an easy setting to change which monitor is default, if it were me I'd just get a DVI to VGA adapter assuming you have a DVI out on one of the cards. My Ti500 does.

Originally posted by DJDishwateR
That CS screen looks like hacks to me! Anyways, there should be an easy setting to change which monitor is default, if it were me I'd just get a DVI to VGA adapter assuming you have a DVI out on one of the cards. My Ti500 does.

Doesnt have a DVI. the only thing on the geforce 3 AGP is a little circle thing, but that is something different isnt it? because my ati radeon 9500 pro has that little connector that a VGA can plug into.....

Originally posted by KuJaX
Doesnt have a DVI. the only thing on the geforce 3 AGP is a little circle thing, but that is something different isnt it? because my ati radeon 9500 pro has that little connector that a VGA can plug into.....
that's s-video. So I assume you started up with only the geforce3 in the system, installed drivers, then shut down the computer, added the other video card (ensuring AGP was initialized first in the BIOS), and then installed drivers for it?

Originally posted by jagec
that's s-video. So I assume you started up with only the geforce3 in the system, installed drivers, then shut down the computer, added the other video card (ensuring AGP was initialized first in the BIOS), and then installed drivers for it?

yep.. you got it. windows xp found the drivers for the PCI geforce4 that i dont want to use in games.

little breakthrough:

CS is using the geforce 4. I disabled the geforce 4, so i couldnt use dual monitors, got into CS, in opengl mode, and sure enough, everything worked dandy. When i only used the geforce4, and disabled geforce 3, it was all screwed up.

the geforce 4 is taking over command, and i do not want it to. I checked the bios starting up and everything looks correct.

Maybe reinstalling the GeForce 3 would make Windows use it as default, since it switched to the last card you installed before (the Geforce 4).

okay,

missed a setting in the bios, and now geforce3 is showing up as number 1, and is the one showing everything when booting up. However, when i went to go play CS, still fruity. Until i didnt have "extend my desktop on this monitor" clicked on the geforce4. CS is still using the geforce 4. !?!? =-o

Back