Logitech Z-560 4.1 speaker system -- 400W bone rattling power! Boston area

Flandry

Weaksauce
For sale -- for sale -- for sale

Let's get out of the way immediately that these are not audiophile speakers. Anyone who frequents the audio subforum can go back to their $400+ sound system. These were Logitech's first foray into enthusiast-class speakers and met with rave reviews. They outclassed everything in their price range and even much more expensive systems at the time. Unfortunately, none of the follow-ups have been to the same standards: Logitech hasn't been able to top these. If they didn't occupy a luggage piece by themselves, i'd take them with me now.

Specs: off the top of my head the satellites are 40W each and the subwoofer is rated at 240W RMS but here's what matters: they are loud enough! Unless you are living in a gym, they are loud enough. Watching Tron Legacy with this system hooked up was incredible.

I'm the original owner (about ten years!) and mine haven't been beyond the halfway setting for more than a few minutes and are all in great shape. 4 satellites, the subwoofer, the control unit, and the cables are all included, and i think i have some longer speaker cables to throw in. Asking price is $75 and you can pick them up yourself in Boston area today or tomorrow. You'd have to pay two or three times that for a comparable set in features.

Summary: Perfect addition to a killer computer system of a basshead or gamer for just $69 + you pickup in Cambridge, MA.

Last edited:
Back