Logitech z-5500+prelude help please

Bmei

n00b
Hey, I am having problems with my speaker setup :/ the rear and center speakers dont produce any noise when I am doing the test, and whenever I listen on DD PL2 MUSIC mode I hear sound from all speakers but the rear and center is really weak and not adjustable with the volume panel :/.

Prelude controls are set to 5.1 with CMSS3D stereo surround, and computer settings set to 5.1 also. please help and thank you!

I believe you can adjust the surround and center volume with the remote that comes with the z-5500

I'm asking for help regarding my rear and center speakers not working not whatever settings you prefer, looks like you didnt read my thread ;/

When you do the sound test.. are you doing it from the z5500's dac? If so either the wires arent in right. or there broken.

DAC = digital to analog converter

So, there are two possible configurations:

1) Your speakers are connected using a digital cable (optical/SPDIF). Your sound card passes the digital signal to the speakers, which then perform the conversion and amplify the signal.

2) Your speakers are connected with analog cables, as you indicated. The sound card will perform the digital to analog conversion, and then pass the analog signal to the speakers for amplification.

In your case, I would make sure that the z-5500s are set up for 5.1 properly. Double check the cables, the configuration on the control pod, and disable CMSS in the sound card drivers and all upmix options on the control pod. Make sure the volume for the Center and Fader are up to normal levels. Make sure Windows and the sound card drivers have 5.1 selected for the speaker configuration. Is there a switch on the z-5500 for 5.1? My z-5300 has a switch for 2.1/4.1/5.1 on the subwoofer.

Make sure the software you're using for playback is capable of decoding to 5.1. Pro Logic 2 is not 5.1, try out a movie with Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS instead.

Back