• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech G35 Review

SilverSliver

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
13,218
Well, I've had this headset for a few months now and I figure it was about time for me to comment.

In games -- the sound is very good. The headset is comfortable for long term use, and people say I come in very clearly via the mic. I don't know if the 7.1 is a gimmick or not. I'm sure it is, but there is definitely a directional aspect that the headset is pretty good at reproducing in games that support it.

However.

When using Vent/TS/Skype there is a very quiet high pitched humming noise in the right ear cup. If you mute the mic, the noise becomes much more audible. It is incredibly annoying. Logitech has acknowledged the issue on the forums, but have done very little in trying to fix it. A new set of drivers were released that fixed the issue for some. Some have commented that hitting or flicking the USB attachment has solved the issue, or at least does so temporarily.

In conclusion, I cannot recommend these headphones if you use them for any sort of voice comms. If you want to use them just for gaming, there is likely a better and cheaper choice out there. All in all, I am fairly disappointed in the G35.
 
Link to Support Forum

Here's a link to the support forum.

I have a pair of these with the same issue, but there is a 'workaround'. It's been found that using the extension cable bundled with a corsair flash drive successfully filters out the whine for some users, including myself.

I've been quite the Logitech fanboy in the past, but frankly I'm appalled at the lack of support from them with this problem.

If you have the headset AND this issue, please go and voice your disappointment on their forums and maybe they'll pay more attention to it.
 
I saw the G35 on a weekend sale here for refurbished units and thought what the heck, at least I know of the workarounds. Sadly after 5 USB extention cables and one hub that damn buzz is still present. It's a shame because I really liked the sound quality and comfort but the buzz is unbearable in my case, hurts the ear after a very short while. If I was a tad more deaf I wouldn't have an issue but I guess it's not meant to be.

Anybody know if any other sets that have a simular comfort level at least? That's what attracted me to them to start with as I have a fat head and most headsets want to punish me by acting as a vice.
 
Back
Top