local FTP transfers extremely slow

I have been having an issue with my local ftp (basic set up of computers to a single 4 port router to modem) when transferring files from my ftp on 192.168.1.100 to my other computer at 192.168.1.101, it's only transferring at 200k/s despite both having 100 base t, and connecting to the ftp via 192.168.1.100. I've tried forcing in device manager to use 100 base t full duplex, creating a manual route add 192.168.1.101 192.168.1.1, which boosts the speed to 1 megabyte/s but slows down internet on both computers tremendously, it should also be transferring at about 10 mb/s as in the past. I've tried shutting down the windows firewall on my computer, and turning off zone alarm on the other with no result, netstat -a -n on each computer shows that they are directly connected on port 20 and 21, not tunneling through the isp to connect. Using bulletproof ftp and flashfxp to connect, as in the past. Both computers are on windows xp

Update, when routing to my ftp from the other box, on that box only, the speed is up to 1.8 megabyte/s, and with my friends mac running win xp routing to the ftp, its at 3 megabyte/s, I also tried using serv-u instead of bulletproof with no improvement, I am thinking this is perhaps a router issue, it's your basic network everywhere/linksys cheap router from a few years ago.

Back