Live Search has hijacked my IE

JDAdams

Gawd
HI,

Got an annoying problem on my laptop - Live Search has hijacked my laptop's IE address bar search and refuses to hand control back to Google, my provider of choice (it didn't even ask!). If I click the search button of use Ctrl-F I get a Google panel, but when I type something in the address bar I get Windows Live search results.

On my desktop I get the desired behaviour - I get Google results for anything entered in the address bar. How the hell do you get rid of Live Search though? I've searched many sites and have found nothing, only what I've tried already:

- Turn on "Browse by name" on the Google toolbar - no good, I don't want to browse by name, I want a list of Google results to select from
- Turn on "Set and keep search settings on Google" - already done, makes no difference
- Use the registry data at www.google.com/google.reg - already had these settings in there, tried it anyway, no difference
- Use the "Customize" option on the search panel to select Google - no good, it only lists Live search and Freeserve

Please help, this MS malware is really pissing me off.

Oh yes, I need to use IE as it's a work lappy and some of our intranet sites and apps don't play nicely with FF.

Back