• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

List Your 5770 overclocks

AzureSky

n00b
Joined
Mar 3, 2010
Messages
13
my cards the xfx 5770 1gb rev1(batmobile cooler)

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ncbkb/

bios edited to fix the multi screen flicker issue when overdrive is enabled.(1415memory clock)

bio6qo.png


this is at 1.175volts on the core, 30min Kombustor, 2hrs serious sam hd and 5 loops of heaven demo.

oh yeah also ran fluid mark for around half an hour after tricking the nv drivers into letting me use physx without anything attached to the card :)

Will do more testing as i have time, God how i hate wurking from b4 dawn till after dark :/
 
You're running a 1200MHz core clock with that low of a voltage? I've seen clocks around that and higher but that was with some ice cold cooling, not the stock cooler.What are your temps and your not getting any kind of artifacts? Have you tried using ATI tool or Furmark to scan for them?
 
Fastest I can consistently do bench runs with is 1050/1450 using 1.225v or 1.25v I dont recall. I just leave it at 950/1350 on stock 1.125v these days
 
after reinstalling drivers(upped to the 10.3's) i cant get past 1100 stable.

and yes i passed kombustor as well as fluidmark, heaven benchmark, and over 2hrs of serious sam2 at those settings.

Im gonna test some other bios versions soon, I will link up the UN EDITED version of the bios where i got to 1200 tho.(edited to set all the fan clocks the same to get rid of multi screen flicker)

XFX_5770_1200.7z - 0.04MB

Im not sure what changed between driver versions, but meh, My main worry is that i can play my games and watch my movies/videos without problems.

if you want to edit the bios, just grab RBE and try that, its worked quite well for me :)
 
Using 1.312v I can loop anything. 1100Mhz Core and 1455Mhz Memory. I do take the fan off auto for benchruns and set it to 99%. I've found when I cross 1.3v in Afterburner I cannot set it to 100% oh well. 3 loops of Vantage and I still never crossed 71ºC even with long runs of 99% gpu usage.
Based solely on temps I'd be willing to push vcore up to maybe 1.35v as long as temps stayed south of 80ºC With 1.35v I'd venture a guess of around 1125 maybe 1135 on the Core.
 
LN2 cooling huh I looked at that at first and was like wow, then I was like oh ok.
 
Here is a screen shot running the new 10.3a drivers.

OCHD5770ATI103a.jpg



That is after doing a Vantage benchmark that scored close to P13,000 and playing UT3 over an hour straight. Running a single HD5770 with a TR HR-03 (rev. A) without a fan.


Very stable.
 
I just received my MSI 5770 hawk from newegg, today. Nice card i must say, better components than the xfx 5770 ill be soon returning.

I was able to get mine to 1000mhz on 1.2v (that was the stock voltage for some reason). With temps maxing out at 72c. I'll try for more tomorrow.
 
I just received my MSI 5770 hawk from newegg, today. Nice card i must say, better components than the xfx 5770 ill be soon returning.

I was able to get mine to 1000mhz on 1.2v (that was the stock voltage for some reason). With temps maxing out at 72c. I'll try for more tomorrow.



That MSi 5770 Hawk is probably the best HD5770 available right now. Very nice. :cool:
 
It has supposedly better components than any of the other cards, but the cooler definitely doesn't live up to its hype. I went in on 2x Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X and they'll be here tomorrow. Unfortunately I'll be joining the "Bad Company 2 loads slower than a sloth taking a crap" club, but it looks like I'll be boosting my framerates by a good 25-35% which means more anti-aliasing. Good trade?

Anybody have a Vapor-X and overclock the hell out of it yet? There was some miff about a custom PCB and overvolting not possible or some crap on a newegg review but I've always envisioned those to be written by absolute idiots.
 
Do you guys think ramsinks are needed on these cards. They get very hot to the touch under load.
 
I have two of the Sapphire HD5770's (batmobile style) and I'm running 950/1350 on stock volts. I have Afterburner but I'm afraid to overclock in fear of frying something lol. On these settings I scored P14154 on 3dmark Vantage, 10873 cpu, 15736 gpu. I want to overclock these a little more but I dont want to lose reliability. Im running an Antec 300 with air cooling
 
to the guy above me the antec 300 has pretty darn good airflow for a case its size... the only case that i would say would be worth upgrading to in terms of airflow compared to the 300 would be the Silverstone raven...
 
to the guy above me the antec 300 has pretty darn good airflow for a case its size... the only case that i would say would be worth upgrading to in terms of airflow compared to the 300 would be the Silverstone raven...

I'm not complaining about the case, just trying to figure out how I'd go about overclocking outside of ATI Overdrive's auto-tune feature lol.
 
Don't be afraid , those cards clock well:
my V1 cards in CF:
gpu19719copier.jpg


my V2 cards:
p192711475598.jpg
 
Back
Top