List of Software to keep computer optimized

Bambi

I Cleaned My Room - And I am a Dude
Here is what i have so far -

CCleaner
Regcleaner
Diskeeper

What other programs could i use to keep my system optimized without having to do fresh installs?

you don't need regcleaner and ccleaner together. Just pick one. They do the same thing. I personally recommend ccleaner.

okay cool, i got that one and ran it.

Partial list:

eraser
rootkit unhooker
ice sword
tweak xp
process explorer
speedfan
hd health
ntregopt
sisoft Sandra
hdtune
reg mon
spyware blaster
safepeer
mcafee site advisor
no script
eEye blink
mru blaster
windirstat
belarc advisor
Microsoft baseline security analyzer

Partial list:

eraser
rootkit unhooker
ice sword
tweak xp
process explorer
speedfan
hd health
ntregopt
sisoft Sandra
hdtune
reg monitor
spyware blaster
safepeer
mcafee site guardian
no script
eEye blink
mru blaster
windirstat
belarc advisor
Microsoft baseline security analyzer

overkill much?

CCleaner, Superantispyware and Avira AntiVis is all I ever need to keep my computer safe and clean (aside from a hardware firewall).

Everything else you can do manually - clean out your browser cache, keep your desktop clean, minimize background software by removing them from msconfig, and defrag your drive at least once a month.

most of them you dont need, except the 2 or 3 mentioned above, these days more "optimiazation" software is more trouble then good, especially under Vista / Windows 7 that do their own maintenance

most of them you dont need, except the 2 or 3 mentioned above, these days more "optimiazation" software is more trouble then good, especially under Vista / Windows 7 that do their own maintenance

I agree. IMO since XP...defrag is fine, don't install junkware like kajillions of ad/toolbars into your browser, use a good antivirus, maybe occasionally run CCleaner to clean out temp files...done.

IMO unless you install and uninstall truckloads of software, no need to lose sleep over the registry either.

Keep your system clean in the first place, no need to cleanup much.

Dammit, Bob... beat me to it. :)

As always:

Leave it alone.

CCleaner is the only thing I have installed on this Windows 7 box aside from Eset NOD32 v4 beta, that's all I need. To keep a system that browses the web "clean," I suggest Firefox 3 with at least NoScript installed; the rest is up to you.

Revo Uninstaller is my friend. Use that to uninstall programs and watch as it detects and allows you to delete all the junk files, folders and registry entries it left behind.

Revo Uninstaller is my friend. Use that to uninstall programs and watch as it detects and allows you to delete all the junk files, folders and registry entries it left behind.

Yea and CCleaner will do all that....

i would love to see some before and after performance comparison of all these system optimizers and cleaners... see just how mjuch they really help, i am sure nothing noticeble, but it would be nice to get something out there to finally show that this isnt like the windows 95/98 days where the system halted if you installed too much.

i would love to see some before and after performance comparison of all these system optimizers and cleaners... see just how mjuch they really help, i am sure nothing noticeble, but it would be nice to get something out there to finally show that this isnt like the windows 95/98 days where the system halted if you installed too much.

There was a article somewhere around here about how 3rd party Defraggers actually slowed vista down,

I remember back in the day computers coming to a crawl just from temp internet files. Amazing

Back