Liquid Wax for Mice ?

Circumnavigate

Limp Gawd
Hey guys the mouse that I am using the instructions say to use liquid wax in order to make it operate better once it gets dusty.

Here is their exact wording;

"If the mouse movement becomes difficult, you may try to used some liquid wax to wiping it. Problem solved!"

I searched liquid wax on Amazon but only get autopart listings.

Does anyone know what I should use ?

I'm assuming it refers to waxing the mouse feet to reduce friction. It's hard to say. The grammar seems off so I'm guessing it isn't a mainstream brand mouse?

There is no mouse feet it's a track ball.

Attachments

• zzzzMOUSE.jpg
    zzzzMOUSE.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm assuming it refers to waxing the mouse feet to reduce friction. It's hard to say. The grammar seems off so I'm guessing it isn't a mainstream brand mouse?

No it's a crappy no name China track ball mouse but I honestly think it's the best mouse I ever found. Posted a pic above.

No it's a crappy no name China track ball mouse but I honestly think it's the best mouse I ever found. Posted a pic above.

I have a similar one and I use it for everything but autocad. Honestly, I just clean the mouse with isopropyl alcohol.

It looks like you can unscrew that part around the ball so you can take the ball out and clean it.

I have a similar one and I use it for everything but autocad. Honestly, I just clean the mouse with isopropyl alcohol.

Have you tried replacing the plastic trackball with a 3/4" steel ball bearing? It works way better this way.

Attachments

• zzzMOUSEEE.jpg
    zzzMOUSEEE.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 0
I use regular Armor All on my mouse feet. It usually lasts for 3-4 days of heavy usage on a cloth pad. I know when it's completely rubbed off because the difference is huge. Silicone spray lubricant works as well and lasts longer, but it's not as safe as far as fumes and skin contact are concerned.

Back