Liquid Cooling for a newb

Gen.Ben

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
411
Hello,

In the near future, It will be time for an upgrade, I want to get liquid cooling in my new PC.

Putting it together shouldn't be too hard, I am just wondering what a good combo of parts would be. I don't really want to get an extreme high end liquid cooler, I just want to get my feet wet with a first time liquid cooling rig. I just want CPU cooling, not the whole shabang.

I will want to use my CPU from my current computer which is a C2D E6300 1.86 Ghz. I will also want to overclock, nothing huge but at least 3.0 Ghz.

Also, What is a good overclocking motherboard that is fairly cheap? I also want SLI as an option if I ever want to go for it.

Also, What is a liquid cooling friendly case? I like the Antec 182.


This is the kit I am thinking of getting. This will be my first time liquid cooling so it's not that bad or not extreme haxor.

1 x D-TEK Customs DB-1 12V Micro Silent Water Cooling Pump 1/2" G1/4 Barb
1 x D-TEK Customs Fuzion CPU Water Block S478/LGA775/S939/AM2/S754 1/2IN
1 x Masterkleer Pvc Tubing 7/16IN ID 5/9IN OD 10 Feet
1 x Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir 3/8IN & 1/2IN
1 x Swiftech Adjustable Black Hose Clamps for 1/2IN Tubing (2 Pack)
1 x Swiftech Adjustable Black Hose Clamps for 1/2IN Tubing (2 Pack)
1 x Swiftech Adjustable Black Hose Clamps for 1/2IN Tubing (2 Pack)
1 x Yate Loon D12SL-12 120MM Quiet Cooling Fan 1350RPM 47CFM 28DB 3PIN &
1 x Yate Loon D12SL-12 120MM Quiet Cooling Fan 1350RPM 47CFM 28DB 3PIN &
1 x Magicool Slim 240 Dual 120MM Water Cooling Radiator G1/4 Threads
1 x D-TEK Customs 1/2IN G1/4 Chrome High Flow Barb Fittings (Pair)

All that for $198 CAD http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=22508

Do you think that's a good starter kit?


Thanks
 
Not bad at all... But I'd suggest getting an MCP655 pump instead of the db-1 if you plan on upgrading anything in the future! The DB1 is a great pump... for a single block loop only :)

Oh, and try ordering from Directcanada.com if you can! Much cheaper, and waaay faster shipping IMO (they share a warehouse with NCIX, so they're very inexpensive).
 
Back
Top