Linksys WPS54G and Linux

Johnboy12358

Weaksauce
I've got my Linksys WPS54G print server set up and it seems to be working fine when I am running windows, but for some reason, when I am in my Suse linux environment, I can't seem to get the two to talk nice to eachother. Is there anyone out there that has gotten this print server to play nice?
I'm running SuSE 10.1 btw, and I can get it to work using IPP and Direct Port Printing, but it doesnt print like it should. Just prints out a single line, and feeds paper endlessly.

thanks in advance

According to blog that guy had a heck of a time.

But since port tcp/9100 is open and listening, there's a good chance that if you just send the information RAW and to the printserver's IP, it might work. I've got a wired print-server via my linux-based Asus WL500G access-point and thats "how I do things". Obviously YMMV and I havent had direct experience with that particular piece of hardware and OS combination.

I am starting to think this may be the last time i ever buy anything from linksys... this thing is pissin me off, I've tried every possible way to print to it and it just wont work. :mad:

Back