lik-sang.com - Hands on with the DS Lite

Smiffy

Gawd
Here's the article, complete with lots of pictures. The new stylus is a little bit bigger, I wonder if there's any noticable difference when using it. It's nice to know that the lowest of the 4 brightness settings is the same as the original DSs.

Can't put down lik-sang - they're the best place I've found for controllers and adapters.

Hmm, they didn't even touch on my main concern with it - the relocation of the start and select buttons. I'm still wondering how much they're going to get in the way when using the stylus. : /

Oh, and how that GBA game is extending out is just fugly. : x

JRPereira said:
Can't put down lik-sang - they're the best place I've found for controllers and adapters.

My coworkers would say otherwise... they were part of the whole modchip fiasco... paid for a few things, never got them, and were ignored. I'd be pissed too. :p

Nuzzles said:
Hmm, they didn't even touch on my main concern with it - the relocation of the start and select buttons. I'm still wondering how much they're going to get in the way when using the stylus. : /

Oh, and how that GBA game is extending out is just fugly. : x

totally , its my main concern.... but the touch screen is popping out a lil... maybe it will work... maybe..

the design looks like nintendo sell their soul to apple . But if its the path to look better than the sony psp... why not?

Damn Nintendo...I always say I'm not going to buy their system revisions and I always wind up buying them anyway. The only thing I don't like is how the GBA cartridge sticks out now. I love keeping a GBA game and a DS game in there at all times.

Nuzzles said:

Ok, I've been hearing a lot of concerns about the relocation of the start and select button, but I'm still lost as to how it's gonna get in the way of the stylus. Can someone please enlighten me?

I'll try to explain it...

When I'm using the touch screen, my ring finger will wrap around and the top part of my ring finger and it's joint will sit flat where the new start and select buttons are (not across them, but facing downwards, so pretty much parralell). Since it's at the end of my finger, this is where most of my pressure is applied (while the other half of the finger is on an angle hovering over the other four buttons. My pinky finger is under the DS, sometimes on the right trigger, while my thumb, index and middle finger manipulate the stylus. (this is all with the wrist strap on my right hand)

I'm not sure how it is for other people, but that's how I use my DS....

Back