Li-ion battery charger circuits

FLECOM

Modder(ator) & [H]ardest Folder Evar
Staff member
I'm interested in building a Li-ion battery charger to charge the batteries for my digital camera... thing is i want to make a charger that can charge 4 at a time... the batteries are 7.2v 1300mAh Li-ion batteries...

skipping the obvious of i have no idea how to make something to mate onto the battery (they look kinda like camcorder batteries)

i just need to figure out a charging circuit, and the best way to integrate 4 of them...

the current charger is for a single battery and is rated for 8.4VDC @ 1.2A... dunno if that helps any...

so can anyone point me in the right direction?

(notes: yes i can read schematics and modify if need-be... also anyone have a clue how i can make the "base" for the battery to mate to? thanks)

dont have a schematic, but the charger youd build would probably be 8.4VDC @ 4.8A, and the batteries would be in parallel.

I know nothing about charging circuits though.

Originally posted by plot
dont have a schematic, but the charger youd build would probably be 8.4VDC @ 4.8A, and the batteries would be in parallel.

I know nothing about charging circuits though.

Don't do that. That method will work fine for lead acid batteries. But for more advanced batteries like LiIon you need to use a special charging method. Check my last post for info

Back