LG d2342 problems

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
3,020
I had this monitor for a short time... but had some very strange problems with 3D content, so I gave it back to shop.

I had it properly poitioned, as advised in manual, and then done the "tilt calibration" - meaning I tilted it, so the 3D image on a control screen looked absolutely perfect.

Then, when I was playing WoW or SC2 (or any other game), whenever I moved in chair, or moved the head, so it was not in poition, in which I made the calibration, the 3D images were not perfect anymore - it seemed, like the elements on the screen, instead of one in 3d wwere showing as 2 separate objects. So, had to recalibrate seat/display tilt.

Now I wonder, if it's the deal with all those passive displays, or it's just LG crap, because compared to the image quality and smoothness of 3d Vision, it's much worse solution IMO. (or was it just my display?)
 
That's just the limitation of passive; the polarizing filter only works in a (roughly) 15 degree angle vertically. Owners of the Zalman passive screen report the same.

For TV viewing I don't think it's a big problem because you're 6+ feet away and so 15 degrees covers normal shifting about.
 
Back
Top