LG 38GL950G Refresh Rate Changing

Pdagger

n00b
I have three 38GL950G's connected to an MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X through the display ports. I have them set to run at 160Hz through the Nvidia Control Panel. In the power settings I have the displays set up to turn off after 20min.

If I lock the computer and wait until the screens turn off and then wake the screens back up and log in, the refresh rate on two of the monitors will be set to 85Hz and I can't change it back. If I open the Nvidia Control Panel the only options are 60Hz and 85Hz.

However, if I restart the computer the screens will be back at 160Hz again.

Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can fix this issue?

I think I’ve seen this reported before. Does it also restore the refresh rate and options if you power the monitor off and back on as opposed to just waking from sleep? Might at least save you a pc reboot

That did seem to work. I also found that if I just turn off sleep mode for the monitors and let it go to a screen saver then it won't change the refresh rate. Seems like a bug they need to fix.

Another really annoying thing is that the LG Ultragear Control Center only works with one monitor plugged in at a time. I had to literally unplug the DP cable on all, but one monitor, in order to set up the rear lighting for each one. That seems really stupid.

Back