Lets start our own datacenter!

I already have 15mb/15mb FIOS and my drives already fill up to fast!

I'd have a few gaming servers, TOR nodes, etc..

realistically i'd probably get the 100mbps... but the value on the gig is just so darn good :eek:

this is in los angeles? makes me want to move to los angeles... must be some restrictions on the server somewhere

Wow, that's a great deal! I wish they offered something like that here! Hello to a few dedicated game servers!

Wish we had that here in rural eastern Oregon. :) I'd be all over that! :) I'd easily make that money back each month by hosting websites and colocation! :D

Wish we had that here in rural eastern Oregon. :) I'd be all over that! :) I'd easily make that money back each month by hosting websites and colocation! :D

Too bad you can't really make any money from it without the possibility of getting your service terminated. :(

4. Actions which are not residential in nature. Such actions include, but are not limited to, commercial hosting or resale of Internet service.

wow, I'd kill to have a service like that here in my area. I would go ape nuts over that gig line.

damn, almost makes me want to save up 1.5mil to buy a nice little 2 bedroom shack over there.

I wish they had those options in my area. Then I would need a few terabyte hard drives. lol

it's odd that they say 1,024,000 kbps not 1,000,000 kbps. GigE is 1000mbps, or 1,000,000kbps, not 1,024 mbps. Either they are using something other then ethernet, or they got their numbers messed up.
I also bet they over sell like none other.

it's odd that they say 1,024,000 kbps not 1,000,000 kbps. GigE is 1000mbps, or 1,000,000kbps, not 1,024 mbps. Either they are using something other then ethernet, or they got their numbers messed up.
I also bet they over sell like none other.

You bet they are. Most ISP's are oversell so they can milk it. Not many people are going to use up 20mbit, much less 1gbit.... so they can really oversell.

wow, I'd kill to have a service like that here in my area. I would go ape nuts over that gig line.
Here's a business venture for the RIAA - setup an ISP or datacenter and work as a honey pot. :)

Here's a business venture for the RIAA - setup an ISP or datacenter and work as a honey pot. :)

Would be quite interesting :) I think RIAA has more sucess in just randomly suing folks. :)

I wonder how many people buy 1 gig just to say they have it. I always laugh when we sell a 5 meg up/down connection on our network. Pull usage graphs and I have yet to see any 5 meg user use over 2-3 megs of internet at any given time, I love it all the way to the bank!

I wonder how many people buy 1 gig just to say they have it. I always laugh when we sell a 5 meg up/down connection on our network. Pull usage graphs and I have yet to see any 5 meg user use over 2-3 megs of internet at any given time, I love it all the way to the bank!
Must be a place where torrent's are unheard of. :cool:

No, the key is that we don't do residential and most of the businesses that go with us are on the medium to large side with their own corporate IT policy's that don't allow torrents. Soon we'll do res and all my bandwidth will go up in flames.

No, the key is that we don't do residential and most of the businesses that go with us are on the medium to large side with their own corporate IT policy's that don't allow torrents. Soon we'll do res and all my bandwidth will go up in flames.

which is funny, because they'll charge you more for business than residential, yet the residential is where all the bandwidth goes

You'll still have large file transfers. I'm on a 200 meg connection at work and saturate it all the time moving data between locations.

You'll still have large file transfers. I'm on a 200 meg connection at work and saturate it all the time moving data between locations.

:eek: And I thought it was impressive when I maxed my 20MBit link getting Server 08 disks from MSDN.

Back