So I've been working on a laptop this week that's been throwing me for a loop. This thing basically took a good fall and is now not showing anything on the screen. The screen its self looks to be in good condition. No cracks or damage what-so-ever. When I output to a desktop monitor via vga, it seems to do just fine, just no video (looking at it with a flashlight) or led's lighting up on the laptop screen.
I guess the thing that's throwing me is, I hooked up another LED LCD I had lying around to the laptop and I'm getting nothing from it either. I guess both could be dead, since they both came from busted laptops.
So my question is. What do you guys think the odds are that the LCD is dead?
I guess I'm just finding it hard to believe that a hard fall would kill the LCD, especially if its not been struck directly, and or having visible physical damage.
Thanks for any input.
Also, I reset the bios, booted to windows and tried toggling the laptop monitor on/off to no avail.
I guess the thing that's throwing me is, I hooked up another LED LCD I had lying around to the laptop and I'm getting nothing from it either. I guess both could be dead, since they both came from busted laptops.
So my question is. What do you guys think the odds are that the LCD is dead?
I guess I'm just finding it hard to believe that a hard fall would kill the LCD, especially if its not been struck directly, and or having visible physical damage.
Thanks for any input.
Also, I reset the bios, booted to windows and tried toggling the laptop monitor on/off to no avail.