Leadtek or eVGA 6800nu

I'm currently looking to purchase a vanilla 6800. I really like the game bundles that come w/ the Leadtek http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-122-193&depa=1
and the eVGA http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-202&depa=1

I know that nvidia uses evga to make their reference cards, but I was wondering if the leadtek model would be better because of the different cooling unit that it uses and the rumored higher speed memory (2.5 ns). I don't know much about leadtek's quality, but they seem to have a decent reputation here and at some other message groups. Anyone have any advice, suggestions, experience, etc. Thanks in advance.

Im picking myself up a leadtek later this week. Mostly becuase i dont need another another copy of far cry which is bundled with the evga.

evga.....great card, can step up to an even better car for the difference in price within the first 90 days of owning it

Anyone have any experience or opinions about the leadtek card? I'm hoping to make a purchase here soon. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have the vanilla eVGA, so I can highly recommend it to you, great card!

My brother just ordered the Leadtek, mainly based on it's cooling and all of the kickass overclocks in the newegg review/testamonials on the card...

So what to get? Go with the better deal/bundle.

carrot said:
evga.....great card, can step up to an even better car for the difference in price within the first 90 days of owning it

Say I were to buy this card from newegg for $280. To do the step up program to a 6800GT would I have to pay $100 or $120?

And is it through eVGA or newegg?

Personally I'd go with either the MSI or the Gainward "Golden Sample"

neoreturns said:
Say I were to buy this card from newegg for $280. To do the step up program to a 6800GT would I have to pay $100 or $120?

And is it through eVGA or newegg?

they refund the full amount you paid towards the upgrade. So it would be 120.

Back