AceCurby99
n00b
- Joined
- Nov 9, 2005
- Messages
- 50
Hey all. I'm currently running a ATI 9700 Pro. I'm soon to start a new PC build where I will be running a NVidia 7900GTX or a ATI x1900XTX (Dear Graphics Card Manufacturers - please drop that X's in your cards. Use Y's or something. Haha). My current CRT just blew up - literally smoke came out of it - and since I was planning on getting a LCD for my new rig, I decieded to get one now. I've searched these forums up an down and found good and bad things on at least 2 dozen different panels. I still have a few questions though...I've narrowed it down to a few different screens:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824116381
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001066
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116375
Or, either of the two comparable Dells - the 2005FPW, 1907FP
1. Is there an advantage to gaming on a 2 panel system? I can't see the benefits honestly, besides it being bigger.
2. Widescreen looks cool and I can see how it expands the sides and you can see more. I know not all the games are gonna scale that way though. Anyone know if EVE Online or Star Wars Galaxies (yes, it sucks since they released the NGE, but I've got to much time invested in it to just quit) has a patch or whatever to make them work widescreen? I know the Viewsonic does not scale it and will just stretch the image - which sucks and I want to avoid.
3. I've seen these the panels in stores and my eye can't tell the difference - but both Dell and Fry's refused to show me anything on them besides the fishy screen saver. If you were going to buy one, which one would it be - and if its not on my list, please, tell me, and add to my insanity.
4. Where, oh where, did the Elephant go?
5. Lastly, I'm purchasing a Dell 32' LCD TV for my bedroom - anyone ever use this screen w/ a PC?
Help me [H] Forums - your my only hope.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824116381
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001066
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116375
Or, either of the two comparable Dells - the 2005FPW, 1907FP
1. Is there an advantage to gaming on a 2 panel system? I can't see the benefits honestly, besides it being bigger.
2. Widescreen looks cool and I can see how it expands the sides and you can see more. I know not all the games are gonna scale that way though. Anyone know if EVE Online or Star Wars Galaxies (yes, it sucks since they released the NGE, but I've got to much time invested in it to just quit) has a patch or whatever to make them work widescreen? I know the Viewsonic does not scale it and will just stretch the image - which sucks and I want to avoid.
3. I've seen these the panels in stores and my eye can't tell the difference - but both Dell and Fry's refused to show me anything on them besides the fishy screen saver. If you were going to buy one, which one would it be - and if its not on my list, please, tell me, and add to my insanity.
4. Where, oh where, did the Elephant go?
5. Lastly, I'm purchasing a Dell 32' LCD TV for my bedroom - anyone ever use this screen w/ a PC?
Help me [H] Forums - your my only hope.