"LCD Overdrive" - CCC

NukeDukem

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Feb 15, 2011
Messages
2,880
I noticed when looking through the new Catalyst Control Center there is an option for "LCD Overdrive (Digital Flat-Panel). It "Improves the quality of fast moving objects during video playback on certain LCD panels". There is a checkbox to enable LCD overdrive, and if selected there is a slider that can be adjusted from low to high.

Would this work in games to reduce motion blur on 60hz panels? Is there any risk involved with using such a setting?

On a related note, I'll be receiving my new zr30w soon and I'm wondering if there's any way to go 75hz using displayport? If not, should I try using this LCD Overdrive to enhance fast moving games? Thanks for any info.

-Nuke
 
Last edited:
I would like to know as well, I just got a ZR27 and enabling overdrive to max did see to help ALOT with blur.

I would also like to know if it can be harmful to my monitor.
 
As long as your monitor supports it i think..
On the Dell u2412 LCD OverDrive is automatically set to 'on' through the monitor settings. In the reviews i read it helped considerably when compared to having overdrive 'off'.
 
Back
Top