Laptop HDD in PC

a3venom

Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2015
Messages
695
Hi,
I broke my laptop so I can now use my laptops 500gb HDD in my PC.
What would be the easiest way to install it, I Don't have any brackets at hand
 
There are lots of 2.5 to 3.5 adapters available from Amazon or Newegg.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...sprefix=2.5+to+3.5+hard+drive+adapter,aps,208

This also depends on how you mount your drives. You don't "need" a bracket at all, the drive is so light you could just connect the cables and lay it in an open area avoiding metal surfaces to short against. If you're the least bit handy you could make a bracket out of some rubber bands or zip ties.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
From my understanding, you should position a mechanical harddrive(the ones that use ball bearings in the motor) the way it's always been oriented since it was new. That's either horizontal or vertical. The reason being the ball bearings have ground a path in the race where it's in equilibrium. If you alter this the motor have a tendency to vibrate more.

I don't know if this applies with fluid bearings.
 
Back
Top