KVM Switch shopping

Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
975
Has anyone shopped for one of these recently?

Looking for Dual-Link DVI and USB 2.0, 2 or 4 ports. Mainly for setting up repair computers and getting things setup without dealing with extra keyboards and what-nots. You know what I mean if you fix other peoples computers often enough.

Price:... I'm not broke, but I can't afford the monster $550 ones on Newegg that make me drool a little.

Any advice or shopping experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PS. If you happen to have an extra one, a warehouse of them, etc, shoot me a PM please.
 
For DVI, you'll be spending in the $100's. All USB KVM's that I know of simply unplug/replug the kb/mouse whenever you switch, which can get really really really annoying sometimes -- which is why I still use my metal encased 4 port DLink VGA/PS2 KVM, lol. Anyhow, just wanted to warn you of those things. I have no suggestions, sorry.
 
Unfortunately, I no longer use VGA cables or PS/2 connector devices. :/

Thanks for the tidbit about USB's unplugging and plugging in when switched though.
 
Heh, yah, I find myself needing adapters quite often, so I just leave them layin around everywhere. :p Still works better than my USB KVM's, which I've pretty much sold all but one already -- got tired of trying them only to be disappointed one after another, lol.
 
Back
Top