KVM Switch question

celwin

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Oct 18, 2006
Messages
1,593
Is there a KVM switch that has both VGA and DVI pc connections but DVI console connection? I have a laptop with VGA, and would like a swtich I can use VGA from laptop to switch, but DVI to my main pc.
 
I do something similar with a 4-port VGA KVM.

The only thing I do is on the first port which has my main rig, I don't have the VGA cable connected and just run the DVI directly. It does mean I have to hit the input button on my monitor sometimes when I switch between computers in addition to switching the KVM but that isn't a big deal really.
 
I do something similar with a 4-port VGA KVM.

The only thing I do is on the first port which has my main rig, I don't have the VGA cable connected and just run the DVI directly. It does mean I have to hit the input button on my monitor sometimes when I switch between computers in addition to switching the KVM but that isn't a big deal really.


What do you mean by "just run the DVI directly". directly to what? I was thinking of just getting some VGA to DVI adapters; however alot of these state "supports resolution up to 1600x1200". I need to have full 1920x1200, so those adapters are out of the question
 
Back
Top