- Joined
- Aug 10, 2000
- Messages
- 6,849
I have had a pair of Koss KTXPro1headphones for a while. they were 1/2 the price and had the same drivers as the Portapro's. But recently they have not been doing well at high volume and even have started to sound like they were blown. This last week I broke down and bought a pair of real Portapro headphones. But from looking around it seems that theres several headphones now that use the same drivers as the portapro but are alot cheaper, theres the Sportapro, KSC75, KTXPro1 and might also be others. Why are the Portapros still twice the price. I got to say, I was disapointed with these headphones, there hard to put on, but once there on they are comfortable.
After getting the protapros and looking at them, i tore aprt my KTXPro1s and was amazed at the fact that they had almost the same mounting system for the drivers but that they were glued in also. I popped off the drivers from the Portapros and popped them into the houseings on the KTXpro1s and they fit really nicely. but one thing I really liked about the KTXpro1 was that they had built in volume slider on the cord, My speakers dont have volume control for the headphones. I am not sitting here thinking about heating up the soldering iron and swapping cords.
I was wondering if there were anyone else that had done any mods like this to there headphones.
Well before I could even get done writing this I did the cord swap. They sound great and have the features I wanted, but I should have just bought another pair of KTXPro1s and saved myself some trouble and money, but hey, then they wouldn't be [H]ard!
After getting the protapros and looking at them, i tore aprt my KTXPro1s and was amazed at the fact that they had almost the same mounting system for the drivers but that they were glued in also. I popped off the drivers from the Portapros and popped them into the houseings on the KTXpro1s and they fit really nicely. but one thing I really liked about the KTXpro1 was that they had built in volume slider on the cord, My speakers dont have volume control for the headphones. I am not sitting here thinking about heating up the soldering iron and swapping cords.
I was wondering if there were anyone else that had done any mods like this to there headphones.
Well before I could even get done writing this I did the cord swap. They sound great and have the features I wanted, but I should have just bought another pair of KTXPro1s and saved myself some trouble and money, but hey, then they wouldn't be [H]ard!