Kodiak Zi8 and xbox360

GabooN

Limp Gawd
Hopefully someone out there is trying to do the same thing as me with the Kodak Zi8.

The Zi8 can save files in 720p or 1080p using H.264 video codec, and AAC 2ch audio in a QuickTime container(.mov) that do not get recognized by my 360; however they play from the PC fine. I have tried Kodak’s software that came with the Zi8 to convert these to .AVI and .MP4 but they don’t work. I have tried a program called YAMB which basically does the same thing as the Kodak software moves the file to another container and it too doesn’t work. Also tried a program called SUPER and I have had some luck converting very small files less then 10megs to WMV container using WMV9 codec and MP3 for sound but like I said only on small files, my 100+meg files wont convert without errors. Any other ideas as to what exactly the xbox360 is looking for, it should handle a .mp4 file but the codec Kodiak uses must not be supported.

Any ideas such as other shareware/freeware software to try would be much appreciated. Or more specific on what the 360 needs to work..

HandBrake is another program to try. I don't know if it can read the files the Zi8 outputs, but it's another program to try.

Back