• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

klipsch quintets

Xeero

Gawd
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
958
anyone here own a set of klipsch quintets? if you do, do you have it hooked up to your pc? and did you hook it up through the promedia 5.1/ultra sub?
 
reason i asked is cause some guy on the klipsch forum hooked up his klipsch rsx-4 to his ultra sub. it runs fine with no problems
 
I also was wondering if the Quintets would run if connected to the promedia 2.1 subwoofer (as it has its own amplification)
 
nvm I just noticed the promedia 2.1 has a preamp built in the speakers...can't adjust volume with the Quintets..heh
 
The Quintets are old and inferior to even the ProMedia v.2-400s. I hope you're not considering buying them.
 
Originally posted by ycchan
nvm I just noticed the promedia 2.1 has a preamp built in the speakers...can't adjust volume with the Quintets..heh

The control pod is detatchable. Not the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world, but it'll work.


Originally posted by xonik
The Quintets are old and inferior to even the ProMedia v.2-400s. I hope you're not considering buying them.

The Quintet satelittes use better components, and sound it. They're more robust, dynamic, and detailed than any of the Promedia speakers, and deliver more of both frequency extremes. The v.2 400's had a gaping midrange hole due to a poorly implemented crossover. Claiming they're superior to the Quintet's is outrageous.
 
Oh yeah, forgot about the crossover. That was a big problem, good point.
 
Back
Top