Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Subwoofer problems

morningreis

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
1,574
Hi, I ordered a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speaker set and it arrived today. I hooked it up and all and the speakers work and sound excellent. The subwoofer on the other hand is producing no sound at all.

How can I determine if the subwoofer is broken or not? I want to know for sure if it is broken so that I can exchange it for another. If it is not broken any tips on getting it to work are appreciated.

I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card (I hate this thing) and when I connect the speakers to it I get sound, but nothing on the subwoofer. I also have my onboard sound card that I typically don't use. I hooked the speakers to that also and I get no sound at all.

Thanks
 
All you can really do is double-check that the speakers are hooked up properly, and make sure the subwoofer volume is up all the way. If you still get sound from the speakers but not from the sub, then it's busted.
 
in all probability its probably just a lose wire, since the amp is powering the satellites but not the sub. the only way to check is to void the warantee and crack open the sub casing somehow and poke around in there.

short of giving it a little shake sounds like you're gonna have to RMA it. my experience with klipsch RMAs has been good though, nice and quick.
 
Make sure the connections are well connected. And don't turn the volume all the way up. If you get the system to work and the volume is all the way up, you'll end up damaging the system. Check the connections, switch power sources and keep the volume at moderate levels.

If that doesn't work, then return it.
 
Back
Top