Kingwin -Aluminum Cases any good?

MoDsQuaD

Limp Gawd
Just want to see opinions on the
Kingwin (BLACK) All Aluminum 10-Bay Mid tower case. KT-424-BK.

Compared to the Lian Li pc-78 or 61

Is the extra money for the lian li worth it?
The lian li states its anodized not brushed (black at least)
Does that make the case any hard to cut?

Im partial to the black, sick of silver/ time to retire the chieftec....

The Kingwin window sticks out like a green apple in a basket of red ones... (it sticks out about an inch). I'm looking in to the Lian Li PC61, because it's so darn beautiful.

the window is kinda lame, its on the outside... but that can be fixed

besides that, ive worked with a few for some customers and they are pretty nice

Yeah I dont plan on buying a windowed one anyways, but you are right sticks way they hell out.
Also a draw back is the lian li rear fan is placed further up, leaving room to cut a hole beneath for another fan, the kingwin seems to place this fan in the center, not a real big deal, just would not look as neat.

which one are you looking at?

the one i worked with had two 80mm fans in the front (in front of HD's) and two in the back under the psu over the io plate

The kingwin is the kt-424b, plan on cutting a custom dsign so dont need one with the window.
All the pictures for this one show only one rear fan.

Looks pretty nice, and like a good deal to me. You're right about the back fan - looks like its placed about dead center in the available space.. kinda sucks :(

Very nice price for the features though (looks like its got removable mobo tray?), and looks pretty damn nice for a ~$75 aluminum case.

i have a kingwin all case, and i love it. it has alot of features you don't find till you spend alot more money (QDs on the Idiot lights, built in speed control, fan filters).

Well I picked one up from xoxide, $87 but got in on the free ship they had tonight on xhour.

So will see, the back fan is the only major drawback, but looks like there might be enough space for a 92 or maybe 120mm fan back there.
Realy cannot beat the price for the little extras like the mobo tray and grommets on the drive cage.
Got the no window one, looked crappy, gonna put my new dremel to work finally !

I ordered a Kingwin 424B from Newegg on Thursday.... should be here tomorrow. I think you could probably mod it to take 2 80s on the back. There looks to be enough room. I'll see what I can do tomorrow and report back

I have the KT-424-BK, I like it.
The best part of it is the removable mobo tray.
I'm replacing the fans with some panaflos.

Originally posted by MoDsQuaD
Just want to see opinions on the
Kingwin (BLACK) All Aluminum 10-Bay Mid tower case. KT-424-BK.

Compared to the Lian Li pc-78 or 61

Is the extra money for the lian li worth it?
The lian li states its anodized not brushed (black at least)
Does that make the case any hard to cut?

Im partial to the black, sick of silver/ time to retire the chieftec....

I would go with the anodized case. Painted cases usually have bubbles on the surface no matter how well it's painted unless they used some super quality paint + clear coat like the ones used on cars.

I ordered this case (Black, windowed) to build a computer for my relatives in it, and I must say I don't regret buying it one bit. I was VERY surprised when I took it out of the box and layed it on the floor. A few positive points:

a. Very solid construction.

b. Very smooth finish. The carbon fiber strip at the top of the front bezel is a nice touch.

c. Interior is excellent. Removable motherboard tray, 3.5" bays with rubber grommets for shock absorption, and very easy to wire.

The window may not suit your tastes, but I've come to love it. This is an excellent case, and for less than $100, it's a steal!

Back