Keys keep getting stuck on Razer Lycosa (not physically)

Gorilla

Supreme [H]ardness
So every now and then when I'm playing a game one or more of the aswd keys will seem to stick. Without even pressing one of those keys I will find my character running unstoppably against a wall. Today it gotten even worse as the ctrl key has started acting up as well. Normally I can fix the problem by either unplugging my keyboard and then plugging it back in, or by pausing the game for a few seconds. Today however, I found that suddenly only the shift key would respond. Esc wouldn't work, and the system thought that the ctrl, a, and w, keys were being pressed. Even after I unplugged the keyboard and left it unplugged Red Faction still thought that I was pressing those keys. Also, this keyboard has a few media buttons on one corner for skipping tracks and such, and every now and then one of those will become stuck at random (without even being pressed), which is a pain in the ass when I'm listening to music because it will skip each track after a few seconds of playing it.

So do I just have a defective keyboard? Or is something else to blame?

I believe they issued a recall on certain models... found this:

Lycosa gaming keyboard serial ranges that Razer acknowledges as defective start with the following codes :
MT0803
MT0802
MT0801
MT07

stop jerking off on your keyboard....that's my best advice.;)

I believe they issued a recall on certain models... found this:

Lycosa gaming keyboard serial ranges that Razer acknowledges as defective start with the following codes :
MT0803
MT0802
MT0801
MT07

Thanks for the info. However, mine starts with MT09420. Though I guess I should probably get in touch with Razer then.

Well, I found the form to submit to see whether I'm eligible for the recall and filled it out. My serial number definitely doesn't match, but I'm having the exact problems that caused them to issue the recall.

There were also issues with incompatible usb controllers on certain motherboards. I don't remember whether they said the controller was at fault or if it was the keyboard...But I'd do a search for that info

Back