Just for M Audio stuff $60!!

excellsior

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
323
I love craigslist. I picked up some nice Dx4 speakers and M audio Duo for 60$!!!

Now how do I hookup the duo lol?
I read it has a 24bit dac but only when the usb is not connected to the computer.. so then I cant get my music played from my computer and converted to 24bit?

If I can't use it then oh well.. got it for cheap and my bro could use it.. hopefully I can utilize the dac.
 
Just hooked up my speakers only to my xtreme xfi music...

Really clear highs, mids are decent and bass is not on par for my tastes. I definitely will be buying a sub soon. After some calibration through the creative software settings (switching to 2/2.1, eq, treble/bass) it sounds really clear. Almost too clear... Before I could not make out a lot of the high's but not I can hear a lot of noise. Hopefully the subwoofer will add in that extra element that I think lacks.

Or maybe when I hookup the duo the sound will clear up since it has a dac built in.
Thoughts?


edit: 196kbit vs 128kbit I can tell the difference now. 128 sounds more grainy.
Also, the settings really effect the sound depending on the type of music I listen to.

The sound is nice and clear but without real bass I don't feel like the songs are complete- just loud but not full.
 
No one with reference speakers wants to chime in? I'd like to hear your experience.
 
I don't own these speakers but i figured i'd chime in.

Most of the time speaker designers will tune out the lowest-frequencies, via the crossover, to reduce distortion. The fact that your speakers produce little bass is probably a good thing.

To keep the overall sound quality higher i'd recommend saving a little longer and invest in a better subwoofer. You probably wouldn't want to mix a muddy boombox sub with clear sounding monitors. If you're budgeting around $200 or $250 for the sub then i'd recommend giving this guy a "best offer" of $200 + S/H

Have fun experimenting with the new toys, that was a great deal you landed :)
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I hooked them up to my z-3200 logitech and they sound really good. However I told my bro I;ll be giving him my old 5.1 so I'm looking at some used subs in my area.

Infinity bu-2 for 75$ is very local right now.

If not then my bros friend has around 50% off at guitar center discount so I might look into this fostex 8 or 10" sub.. I forget
 
man i wish i lived near you. no ones selling anything good, let alone cheap, on craigslist here (detroit) :(
 
Infinity bu-2 for 75$ is very local right now.

If not then my bros friend has around 50% off at guitar center discount so I might look into this fostex 8 or 10" sub.. I forget
Nice, either option looks worthwhile imho. That Fostex sub looks interesting @ 50% off, i'd probably demo that really fast before commiting to the infinity.
 
The fostex would probably be under 100$ since I could have gotten new AV40 for 97$.

I think I'll try the fostex... Looks like it has the same connection on my M Audio Duo for the gains... Yeah I'll definitely get this and save for a decent receiver next.
 
Back
Top