Iwaki Pump Housing Temp

Pen3

n00b
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
48
Hi this is my first time setting up watercooling, i got a used MD20RZ from a local hospital that was using 5 of them in a series. I just setup my watercooling and within a 2 hours the metal housing gets pretty hot, is this normal for pumps? It doesnt effect the water temp at all though, but it makes me worried. I got the CPU to 3ghz at 1.55VCore and X1900XT+CF 1.5VCore 2.1VDD at 800/800 and the idle temps are; CPU 25C, GPU1 37C, GPU2 38C. I am sorta worried about the pump temp so i dont want to test the full load temps yet. i cant grab the pump for longer than 3secs because it gets too hot.
 
Pen3 said:
Hi this is my first time setting up watercooling, i got a used MD20RZ from a local hospital that was using 5 of them in a series. I just setup my watercooling and within a 2 hours the metal housing gets pretty hot, is this normal for pumps? It doesnt effect the water temp at all though, but it makes me worried. I got the CPU to 3ghz at 1.55VCore and X1900XT+CF 1.5VCore 2.1VDD at 800/800 and the idle temps are; CPU 25C, GPU1 37C, GPU2 38C. I am sorta worried about the pump temp so i dont want to test the full load temps yet. i cant grab the pump for longer than 3secs because it gets too hot.
Completely normal. The MD's housings get hot as a biatch.
 
I see, i just left it overnight and the temp on the pump and water is still the same so it seems good to go for testing. Thanks
 
Back
Top