Ivy B 3225

JCNiest5

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
4,142
Supposed to run at low voltage? It's running 3.3Ghz but only .960V. That aside, I bought this CPU from MC's, but I believe the CPU was used (return???). The HS already has the thermal past flatted out. The seal was somewhat peeled a little at a corner when I got it. Gonna see if it's stable. If not, maybe that's the reason it was returned. But the returner was careful enough to not mess up the seal. Treacherous!
 
I'd take it back and ask for an open box discount and keep it if is stable. If they aren't willing to give you an open box discount then exchange it.
 
I'd take it back and ask for an open box discount and keep it if is stable. If they aren't willing to give you an open box discount then exchange it.

I don't think you can do that after you have opened the box your self.

Kinda difficult to walk into the store and go "Hi this open box wasn't sealed when I bought it."

I am pretty sure the label say you should return the package immaculately, if there are any signs of it having been opened previously.
 
MC has a new policy. You can return mobos and cpus within 15 days for any reasons now.
 
The board come with the wrong I/O plate, too. What a weird purchase this time. Anyway, exchanged both items for brand new ones. Happy camper now.
 
The new one runs at a little higher vcore (1.000v vs. .960v) than the old one.
 
As long as it's stable in stress testing, I wouldn't worry about it. Lower voltage = lower power consumption. There's a lot of people that undervolt their processors instead of overclocking.
 
Not to mention that both of those voltages of 0.960v & 1.000v sound completely normal for 3.3Ghz Ivy Bridge. It's luck of the draw getting a CPU with a slightly lower or higher default VID.

I wouldn't be concerned unless you got a i3-3225 with a default voltage below 0.850v.
 
Back
Top