iTunes recently slows waay down, only when syncing iPod. Anyone know what's up?

CLock3

Gawd
So, I've never had any problems with iTunes, and it has always run fine, until a couple days ago, out of nowhere, it decides to slow down, sometimes to a complete unresponsiveness, when I plug in my iPod to sync it. I'm not sure if anyone here has any suggestions or any ideas on what could be causing this. When my iPod is unplugged, it works completely fine, but once it's connected, syncing turns into a 20 minute ordeal to sync one new album. Also, when it's being completely laggy and unresponsive, my CPU and Ram usage is fine, which is weird. They both stay down at their normal percentages, and any other program running at the time is fine as well. I've been looking around to check out iTunes alternatives, but I don't really think I want to switch. I like the layout and the interface of iTunes so much, and I have everything perfectly tagged and the album art all set and everything, so if I switch, I'll have to spend days to get it all good again with a different program. Thanks in advance for any help. I've tried searching all over the net and I couldn't find any answers.

It could be that It is heavily accessing the hard drive when updating your songs? iTunes has always been a little buggy on Windows machines. Did itunes update recently? you may try the older version and see if that helps.

Nah, it hasn't updated. I've been sticking to an older version (7.1.1.5) for a while now. It's just weird because it's not like I recently put a ton of music on there. I've got 51gigs, and that's where it's been at, so it's weird that it would start doing it now, you know? Oh well, it's probably going to be a mystery. Though, I'm also having problems with photoshop cs3. I don't know what's going on. I start it up and it takes literally 5 minutes or so to start up to a point where I can actually use the program. I click the shortcut and it opens and the ble box pops up where it loads everything, but it sits there forever and the program basically freezes for about 5 minutes and then finally kicks on. I don't know what's going on with my computer. I guess it's sick of doing things for me, haha.

Back