Issues with Intel ANS & teaming

• Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

I've got a machine here that was running server 2012, after much fighting and lack of success, I bought a different 4 port nic. I had read that there were no "real" drivers for server 2012 with my old card.

I bought a I340-T4 card, and then fired up an install of server 2012 r2. I installed the latest drivers from the Intel website. Apparently the driver with windows were the latest. I proceeded to create a team (LACP), and then it failed. I now have an ANS network interface that I cannot delete.

I've spend some time on google, finding a few things that suggest uninstalling the Intel drivers will remove the team. This is not the case as during uninstall, I am told I need to remove the team first.

I cannot get the bastard to go away, and I cannot get the bastard to team :(

intel_ans.PNG

I've got literally 10 hrs into messing around with this. I would like the record to show I was able to create aggr1 in OpenIndiana in <15 min.:eek:

In my past experience you just go to the network adapters page, right click the team adapter, click properties, then click change under the adapter and that brings up the box that allows you to delete / remove the team...

I wouldn't use the intel drivers to create the team anyway. The Server 2012 built in LACP teaming is much easier...

I am not sure whats up with Intel nics and server 2012 but some nics won't even work with out a bit of hackery. The Asrock Z87 pro 4 for example.

How far into the server config are you? I would just start over and use the built in NIC teaming.

I have seen a matrix somewhere that lists each NIC model and if its compatibnle with server 2012.

In my past experience you just go to the network adapters page, right click the team adapter, click properties, then click change under the adapter and that brings up the box that allows you to delete / remove the team...

I wouldn't use the intel drivers to create the team anyway. The Server 2012 built in LACP teaming is much easier...

I did not even know that win2k12 had LACP built in. Now I feel like a moron. I am unable to delete the config/team at all.

I am not sure whats up with Intel nics and server 2012 but some nics won't even work with out a bit of hackery. The Asrock Z87 pro 4 for example.

How far into the server config are you? I would just start over and use the built in NIC teaming.

I have seen a matrix somewhere that lists each NIC model and if its compatibnle with server 2012.

This is a server at the house, it would be a matter of....doing a fresh install. Everything worth-while is on the raid array or on my zfs machine.

Yeah I agree, some of the intel nics with server 2012 is just weird.

Well my ZFS box just nommed down my hex port nic. No LACP for me tonight I guess :(

What are you using LACP for? Server 2012 will auto load balance between all available nics when using SMB.

Last edited:
If you can't delete the team make sure that you don't have anything bound to the team such as a Hyper-V network or other NIC drivers.

I think I had to remove the attached Hyper-V network from the team before I could delete the team (before the option to delete the team would even appear).

I know there are issues with the Intel advanced network drivers where the tabs would be missing in some cases such as other drivers being bound to the adapters.

Back